Saturday, May 9, 2009

getting started

After 9 years of talk, we are biting the bullet and going to do the Kitchen in our house in Santa Fe. It was the first project we decided on upon moving into the house but we have done everything else first. Why so long? I can't decide what I want in the Kitchen/living/dinning room which will ultimately become on big room in this process ... total size 22ft by 40ft ...

so if hired an interior designed finally to help and this is blog is going to be my record as a control freak trying to let someone else (who I trust) work me through the process. We start this week. Her job is to get it done in time for My in laws visit in April of 2010 which well be our 10Th anniversary in the house

what are the issues:

I like white rooms which this case is a whole lot of white and shades of white ... ... I should say it is not all white now but more like very light tones and some color ... guess I will have to do 'before' and 'after' pictures too and figure out how to post

What kind of floor will dictate what kind of room it will turn into and there is just so much to choose from and I want a white floor

what about the budget which will dictate what I can really do...

how do I balance the design I want with the reality of a house that we live in

what will Stephen want ... well he has to live here too

can we survive the process ... of will it be murder suicide for my husband and before we are done ...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet.... hope this comes complete with photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the unfolding of this process. I'm sure you have lots of help on your end but if you need any tips on posting photographs feel free to ask.

    ReplyDelete